Why Direct Marketing is Dead (Dying)
Do you remember any or all of the following methods?
- Late night TV infomercials – $100K per ad
- Direct Mail – very expensive – $30K+ for good results
- Postcards – $7K+ most ended up in junk/garbage when sorted
- Cold Calling (so dead) – $12K to hire good firm or sales
- Billboards (still see them but who actually sees them?) – 15K
- Magazine Ads/news print classified ads – $7500K
Big businesses had the capital to dabble in each, small businesses or
home businesses simply couldn’t afford it.
NOW…the playing field has been leveled BUT…the biggest
drawback is now capturing the audience in UNDER 8-seconds!
Yes you read that right, Microsoft did a study a few years ago
and seems that you now only have 8-seconds to grab their attention, THEN and only THEN will the person continue
to read your copy.
Blow that lead-in and you have lost them!
WOW how the times have changed hasn’t it.
Infomercial is now -> Video sales
Direct mail is now -> Written copy
Postcard is now -> Email marketing
Cold calling is now -> Email -> Video sales (primarily)
Billboards are now -> Google/Bing Ads
Magazine Ads/Newsprint is now -> FB, Kijiji, Craigslist, etc.
– Push notifiction – APPS