About Steve Bell
My Unfair Advantage?
In an ever-expanding sea of generalist copywriters, I focus on B2B companies in manufacturing, finance, outdoor sports and adventure and I have the background to back it up.
My story (why me)
My first client was my neighbor! A few years ago, I wrote a sales letter for his library furniture (yes that is a thing), business that was mailed to architects and designers across Canada. In less than 3 weeks, he had seven new clients. Now that may seem like it's not a large return on some written words, think about this, there are only 67 library architects in the entire Country of Canada!
The Coles notes version for the busy professional:
- I got my copy start an early age — I wrote my first ‘successful’ copy at age 14 for my junior high band class.
- My background has positioned me perfectly — I have sold millions of dollars in capital equipment, created unique finance structures for a multitude of markets, and structured regional dealers for the manufacturing sector. Lastly I was part of a large outdoor sports retailer so I have the background to support that statement.
- I grew up 45-minutes from the great Canadian Rocky Mountains and am an avid hiker, mountain biker and hammock camping.
- I know your market, customers, and competitors – I have spent thousands of hours reading, thinking, and talking about creative copy for B2B companies like yours.
- I’ve written website copy, landing pages, email campaigns, sales copy, case studies and a lot more.
- You can find me just outside of Vancouver, B.C, Canada thankfully not in an igloo…of course.